Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Call for Papers - NASCLS 2009 Conference

I just got an email containing a call for papers from my colleague Stephen Holdern, CLA coordinator and 2009 organizer of the annual NASCLS conference which is being held next year in Manitoba (another coup for the burgeoning labyrinthology dept. at UMAN). I thought some of our readers might be interested in submitting an abstract.

CALL FOR PAPERS: NASCLS at the CLA Division Meeting
April 17-18, 2009, at the Manitoba Marriott

The North American Society for Contemporary Labyrinthological Studies (NASCLS) invites papers to be presented at its divisional meeting held in conjunction with the Canadian Labyrinthology Association. Papers may address any topic that involves the connection between post-constructivist loco-labyrinthology and ontology or ethics. Presentations should be 20-25 minutes (10-12 pages in length; 2500-3000 words). Participants must be currently paid members of the NASCLS. Submissions should be made by e-mail by February 1st to CLA conference coordinator Stephen Holdern, who may be reached at manitobalabconf_09@yahoo.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone send in an application? I have a paper that I wrote last fall about Walker's views on automata in the labyrinth. If I made this longer and added some more sources could this work? Also, is there a minimum number of sources I should cite?

Alex said...

Dylan: I'm pleased to see you taking an interest in this conference. It is an open call for papers so, by all means, get a hold of Stephen and have him elucidate some of the finer details for you.

Anonymous said...

HI THIS IS STEVE FROM COVINGTON. I LIKE YOUR INTERNET SITE AND LABYRINTHS SEEM ALRIGHT. BETTER THAN THE DARN BENGALS! I SUPPORT YOU GUYS. I DON'T HAVE A PAPER ON LABYRINTHS TO SEND IN BUT I WOULD IF I DID. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

STEVE

John K. said...

Steve: Thank you for your interest in and support of our blog; your kind words certainly mean a lot to us here at the CLP. Tell your friends!

John K. said...

Alex, you plan to submit an abstract, right? I've got an essay that I am currently crafting that will be perfect for the conference.

Daniel Scott Poynter said...

http://holtermand.dk/files/gimgs/118_08.jpg

Check out that image. =)

Alex said...

John, yes I'm certainly planning to submit an abstract. I have an article on the recursivist interpretation of Reede's notion of accelerated navigation (due to be published in the next issue of Korytarz) that I think will work nicely. However, I'm presently waiting to hear from Holdern whether or not I will be part of the panel for Cunha's keynote, which may change my plans a bit. Did Philip talk to you about the panel group? I got the impression that he'd like you to sit too.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest like a session at the conference where each of the presentations would be very short, and not boring. That way it could be assigned for extra credit without being too big of a PITA for people to go to. I really need it because right now, I have C+ in labyrinthology and it is totally screwing up my chances at getting into a decent MBA program. I think labyrinthology should be a subject that doesn't wreck your GPA, especially because it is boring, so why even try to get a minor if it is going to be like that? Also I wanna go to Ft. Lauderdale for spring break, is Manatoba close to that?